Wednesday, February 28, 2007

MARCH ISSUE METRO MAGAZINE NOW ON THE STANDS

I read the latest issue from cover to cover last evening and there were three things in particular I wanted to note:

1. MetroLive.co.nz

This is their impressive new website that enables one to search the Metro database for restaurant & bar reviews as well as a guide to what's happening in the city. Well worth a visit.


2.Useless information, but fascinating all the same:

9 million - the number of persons who visited St.Luke's Mall in 2006. I was not among them.

3.Go wireless in Parnell

An advertisement in the Urban Living Directory on page 111 stopped me in my tracks.

Parnell is the first business area in Auckland offering free wireless Internet access. Ask for access password at shops or cafes and check out your e-mails over your flat white.

This is a great development provided by Parnell Mainstreet Inc an association of more than 400 Parnell Road and Parnell Rise businesses.
I offer my congratulations to them on this initiative.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This wireless development in Parnell is bloody brilliant. I was in Europe for a month last year and came across many cafes which offred such a service so a couple of times a week I would bowl in with my laptop to send and receive e-mails. But to get a whole suburb offering wireless is just great. Go Parnell!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the plug in your blog. We've changed the access from how we'd originally intended (when the ad went to print) so that now people just need to set their wireless network finders on and select Parnell Wireless, create a username and password) and a verification is sent back to their email. Still ironing out a few signal issues but connection should be pretty good in the cenre of the Parnell Rd shopping area now and good from St Stephens Ave to Heather St by early next week.

It's great to be able to bring these services to Parnell!
cheers

Debbie
Parnell Mainstreet Inc.