Thursday, April 26, 2007






BACK IN NEW ZEALAND

I'm feeling a tad weary this am after getting home around midnight last night.
Never mind this morning I've been out walking in Western Park and then up to Ponsonby Road's Cafe 121 for a coffee before heading home for breakfast.
Who should walk in while I was waiting for my trim flat white (have been calling them skinny flats for the last week across the Tasman) than that human dynamo of a bookseller Carole from the Womens Bookshop. She has a genuine reason for feeling a bit spacy as she has just returned from the London Book Fair where she looked after the New Zealand stand and had some great adventures including talking to Margaret Attwood (a genius says CB) and Marilyn French (see my blog of two days ago). Carole now has an autographed copy of the new edition of The Women's Room!
Margaret Atwood pic from the Wikipedia website.

Welcome home Carole, can't wait to read your report in Booksellers News sometime soon.
More from me later, I'm off to the gym and then to the supermarket to restock! Ciao.

No comments: