Sunday, December 25, 2011

In the wake of second negative funding decision by Arts Council England, Interlitq is to go into abeyance, in terms of publishing, following publication of Issue 17

Posted December 24, 2011 - By Robert Toperter

Peter Robertson, the President of Interlitq, has announced that, in the wake of the second negative funding decision by Arts Council England, Interlitq is to go into abeyance, in terms of publishing, following publication of Issue 17 of the review.
Robertson states, “I can say little or nothing about these funding decisions, as Arts Council England’s legal department has again written to me to remind me that any information that I could release into the public domain is protected by the Data Protection Act.”
He goes on to say, “Let me say, however, that I do not accept ACE’s statement to the effect that the artistic idea of Interlitq is lacking in clarity. How, I wonder, would they begin to square that assertion with their constant reiterations, made to me in writing, to the effect that Interlitq is an ‘excellent’ publication? While Interlitq will, in terms of publishing, go into abeyance after the publication of Issue 17, I will always believe that the review, with its inclusive vision, has played its part in disseminating outstanding international literature.”

No comments: