Saturday, July 06, 2013

The 12 Best ‘New Yorker’-Related Books



The 12 Best 'New Yorker'-Related Books

By Jason Diamond on

Founded in 1925 by Harold Ross and his wife Jane Grant, The New Yorker is published 47 times annually, with five of those issues covering two-week spans. While the magazine has its weaknesses (a
55 Short Stories from the New Yorker
It’s sort of scary to think that the magazine has been putting out great… Read More


All the Sad Young Literary Bros

All the Sad Young Literary Bros

I wasn’t around Germany in the 1800s to hear guys talking about Goethe, didn’t live through Victorian London to hear the chaps discussing Dickens, and I wasn’t alive during the early part of the 20th century to hear what the average American thought of the Modernist writers; but I’m here now, and while I do know a lot of guys who read and talk about books, for just about all of them, it’s part of their job. I don’t know many other men that have time to read novels for pleasure.  I especially don’t really understand who the Buzzfeed post “27 Broiest Books That Bros Like To Read” is aimed at — but I’ll admit that the post did list a number of the books I love. So, does that make me a “bro”? … Read More

No comments: